SOCIAL MEDIA

My First Attempt...

9.20.2007

at figurong out what next month's craft will be for MOP's. We are having a woman from the library come in to speak about reading with our kids. Every month we have a theme that fits into the yearly theme of Dwell Well/The Home Factor and October's theme is the family room and involves everything from decorating the family room to what happens in the family room so I thought that making a mini-book or book of some sort for the craft next month would be somewhat fitting, since the librarian will be speaking about books...why not make a little mini book, right?

Keeping in mind that my budget is super tiny and that I need to stretch supplies for 20 women I tried to keep my needs (supply wise) down to the minimal. I made this album with small kraft bags (found at the dollar store), some brads, ribbon, fabric adhesive-backed paper, a scalloped circle punch, some chipboard letters for the cover and for the pages on the inside I just adhered different patterned papers to each (bag) page and then created tags for inside the "bag's" page openings with cardstock and ribbons. A pretty darn easy craft, wondering if it's too easy or not a substantial enough craft? We'll see, I have one more idea for October's craft that I will test out and then hopefully I'll be able to make a decision.
Essie said...

I like you little book and i think it's very creative to make something with some little. Great job. Love, es

Molly said...

You're so darn cute. Thanks to you I checked out the MOPS here and am really enjoying it. Have a good meeting this month.

Scrapdragons said...

Just adorable!!

Stacey said...

Hi! I just found your blog through a series of other blogs. Just wanted to say that I love your little craft. I am the craft person for my MOPS group-ours is even smaller than yours and our budget it tiny, too! (We average 10 people). We are making an altered box with rainy day activities in it (little strips of paper with ideas) for our first craft tomorrow. I want to make little paper bag albums one of these times, too. I'm sure your group will love your idea!

diane said...

I would love to make something like this at MOPS, so cute. Emma, with the help of her ZeZe, made a paper bag album this summer. She gets it out every few weeks to decorate the pages and loves it. I love it! Zoey might enjoy having one to create along with you.

Our project at MOPS next week is a canvas growth chart. I will have to let you know how it turns out.