SOCIAL MEDIA

Prima Embossed Album

12.06.2007


Here it is, all altered and finished! My Prima Embossed Album that I got to play with from my Expansion to my December kit at Kits & Pieces! I absolutely love it too, it was so fun working on this off and on over the past week or so, and it is especially cool to know that I'll have it now forever to flip through, to remember all those special little moments that make up my days of being a mama to Zoey. So many times I hear that people need an occasion to scrap or record in memory books, and I say - why not record those everyday moments that you capture day in and day out? Those are pretty darn special too!



For this album I started by painting the cover (front and back) and all the pages with acrylic paint (I used paint by Making Memories). I had to do a couple of coats of paint to get good coverage since I used such a light color. I then took glitter glue and applied it (very carefully) to the embossed angel on the cover of the album and added a chipboard letter "Z" (painted and glitterized as well!)to the front cover.



I then sat down and chose what patterned papers would go best with the pictures that I had chosen and figured out where they would go on the pages and figured out a pattern that was consistent that I could follow through with throughout the album.



After adhering my photos on the pages where I wanted, I then cut my papers to size and adhered them to the (now dry) inside pages of my album.



After my papers and pictures were in came the fun part of choosing what little embellishments I wanted to add. For this album I kept it pretty simple as I wanted the focus to remain on the photos for the most part. I chose some cotton lace, some chipboard flowers (that I painted and put glitter on) some rub-ons from Creative Imaginations, some sticker stitches by Sandylion and some felt flowers, again by Creative Imaginations.



After gluing all my goodies down and making sure that I liked the placement of everything, I painted the edges of all the pages in my album.



I didn't worry at all about getting some smears on my pictures or around the inside edges of the pages of my album. I think the messy look just makes it more apparent that this is handmade.



And there you have it! The patterned papers that I used for this album were by K & Company (the light mint and green floral), EK Success (the dark burgundy floral), Foofala (the lighter red floral) and Creative Imaginations (the cream and black floral). Loved this combination of papers for this project.

Ashley said...

Beautiful mini book!

Brock Family said...

I love your mini book! I had to stop by your blog and say hi! I saw your post on the CKMB and I wanted to see more of your album! Great work! Corey (saints511..ckmb)

Samantha said...

You did such a lovely job on your book!! I absolutely love it :)

Anne Thompson said...

Wow Jen!! This is soooo beautiful! I LOVE the cover, so simple and cool.

diane said...

this is so pretty I love the cover!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

such a beautiful album - love it!!!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous little book! way to rock the prima!!

Mika said...

Great book with very nice pics. Hope to see you around. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Anonymous said...

Love your mini book!

corinnexxx

GREETJE said...

This is so wonderfull.
Greetje

milkcan said...

OMG Jennifer! It's too gorgeous! You rock!

Heather Bares said...

wow, that is a great book!

Teresa said...

your work is amazing!!!!