SOCIAL MEDIA

Getting Ready...

9.15.2008
Halloween Mini

The fun thing (well, one of many things actually) about working at my local scrapbook store is that I get to create things for classes, kits or demos for the store a tad bit earlier than maybe you would otherwise. As you can see here, that meant that I got to create a fun Halloween kit that we will now cut papers for and use for a class kit. Truth be told, I am not usually one that goes overboard for Halloween but for whatever reason, this year I am loving it! This album is actually a blank album by My Little Yellow Bycicle that I then altered with patterned papers by My Little Yellow Bycicyle, Heidi Grace Designs and Lil Davis (both by Fiskars). The embellishments are mostly by My Little Yellow Bycycle as well, but I used some of the Halloween punches by Fiskars (the ghost and the cat) just because I couldn't help myself! The trims are by May Arts and the chipboard letters are by Scrapworks.

Since working on this I'm getting more and more excited for Halloween and am thinking up more fun ways that I could decorate here around the house. One idea that I loved was Candice Stringham's Halloween decorative banner that was in the most recent issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine. The crows that she used for it are actually available as a template online here.
Susan Beth said...

Love that mini album! And this is my first visit to your blog and I'm am so impressed! Love it! Love your work. Will be back!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you designed for CI Jen...how fun that must be! Love your little Halloween album, I have a friend that wants to make the same album, so I'll send her over to your blog for ideas :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you designed for CI Jen, how fun that must be! Love your little halloween house, I HAVE A friend that is going to make it, I'll send her over to your blog for ideas :)

Anonymous said...

What an amazing creation!!!!

milkcan said...

Looks like a *gorgeous* album!

Kim Watson said...

Oh! that looks like a fun album to do...I hope your class full to the brim with eager beaver scrappers.

Do you celebrate halloween????

Vee said...

love your mini! :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh that album is stunning! I would love to see the inside!

DebW said...

Wow, is that a cool book!!!
will you show us more after the class is done?