SOCIAL MEDIA

It's Been One of Those Days...

10.07.2009
where everything is just a wee bit off kilter and no matter what it is that I do, I just can't right the things that are wrong. Even the sound of my own voice seems a bit too husky or too loud and my feet don't feel as though they belong to the shoes that are surrounding them. I'm tired and can't stop thinking about things that are out far beyond the realm of what it is that is in my control. I am once again reminded of Rumi's words:

Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down
in that grass,
the world is too full to
talk about.

Ideas, language
- even the phrase "each other" -
do not make any
sense.
-Rumi

That phrase "When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about" almost makes it so that it is hard for me to breathe. So thankful at times that there have been those before me that have shared their words and wisdom so that I can put something near to what it is that I feel.

Just finished up baking a pan of brownies...dinner is in the oven. Hopeful for a peaceful evening here at home.

Here is a quirky video that makes me pause...and smile. (And Cherity, if you are reading this...since when did Aaron become a singer?????). =)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Hope you feel better soon - huge hugs to you! Love the poem- gorgeous way to express those feelings!

Anonymous said...

here's sending you a hug!!! Cuz it sounds like you need one! anne