SOCIAL MEDIA

Blogging...

11.01.2009



I've been blogging now officially for four years. I started shortly after moving here. I didn't know anyone at the time and at first I didn't even tell my family that I had started blogging as I didn't want it to be something that I started and then didn't finish (I have been known to do this), but after I began I very soon was hooked. I loved (and still do) having a place that is just mine. A place where I can share as much or as little as I want with the world. A place where I feel for the most part, in control. A place where I can share feelings, share hopes, share dreams and accomplishments. The parts of me that are creative have been forced out here on this blog and have flown across the globe and back again and I feel that I've grown so much through this little place here on the web. I have gotten so many creative opportunities through the networking aspect that is blogging. I also at times have felt defeat...I've clicked that "publish" button at times and then wandered off into the day that is my life and have panicked at the realization that I do not know exactly who it is that my reader is and what they might think of me after sharing whatever it was that I may have shared on that particular day. For the most part though, it's all been good. It's made me have to be at times, more comfortable with who it is that I am. I love the creative part of it....blogging. I love the design elements...how I can change up the look of it. I have discovered that I have a love and desire to learn more about html coding and creating websites and learning more about web design. I could spend hours creating images and buttons, blog banners and backgrounds. It's almost borderline obsessive! I can't tell you how it feels to realize that a series of symbols and letters will create a dotted border or a button that will be a link...I know, I'm crazy. I love that I can share recipes, crafts, kid projects, music, videos, poetry, art, etc., and can mix it all up with all that's little old me. I love more than anything though, that I can look back through the archives and know where it was that I was at any given point in time and see how it was that I came out onto the screen . It's a very real part of my history. A snapshot of Zoey's history. How cool will it be for her to be able to one day look back and get to see all this and to maybe know me in a different way than she may otherwise may have.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love reading your blog! Keep it up :) It makes me feel connected to you! Huge hugs!

Patty S said...

i'm very glad you blog. i wouldn't have met you otherwise!
happy blogiversary!! :-)