SOCIAL MEDIA

A Couple Things

1.03.2010
It's hard to believe that Zoey and Ethan will both be going back to school tomorrow. This holiday break went so very fast it seems. So thankful that we were able to sneak visits with family in this year. While my family was here visiting, Ethan and I got to go to the movie Avatar and wow, what a film to see in the theatre! Highly recommend this movie...for sure the best one I've seen in a very long time, for so many reasons too. Also over break Zoey and I made a special date out of going to the movie The Princess and the Frog which we both just adored. I got teary eyed in quite a few parts of it and it's one of Disney's all time besties in my opinion! It was pretty special company too that I had while there, which I'm sure had something to do with my high opinion of it. Ethan and I went x-country skiing together for the first time while visiting his family (I fell down at least a dozen times or so!) and he then went numerous times with my step-brother and step-father while they were here over the past week or so which was really nice. A busy but fun holiday break, and I'm afraid I'm not quite ready for it to be over!

Along with the coming of the new year, I've decided to involve myself in and participate in a couple of new projects. One being choosing a word for the year that is personal to me as well as meaningful in some way. This idea I believe originated from Ali Edwards. This word will be used in random projects throughout the year, it will be a word to reflect on, journal about, take note of and to be mindful of daily. My word for 2010 is: listen. So many ways that this word makes sense to be my word of the year for 2010.

Another fun project that I'm choosing to take part in is Project 365. I'm not really sure who it was that got this project started as there are so many people around the web taking part in it, but I have yet to find a link to the originator of the project itself. Basically, you commit to taking a photo a day (totally random) and posting it to a running gallery of photos so that the end result will be a photo a day for an entire year. I've started in already and you can view my gallery here if you like or just click on the little image that's on the left side-bar of my blog. I'm not going to stress about making them artsy or worrying about technique but rather am hoping to capture just normal day-to-day life things. A kind of photo diary I guess you could say. I most likely won't be posting my images every single day as I know that life will pull me away enough for that to not happen very easily but will load up my photos in bulk at least once a week labeling each photo with the day that it was taken. Here is what I've got so far:

1/01/10
1/01/10

1/02/10
1/02/10

1/03/10
1/03/10

If you view the photos in my flickr gallery you'll see that I'll have added some notes about each photo in the comments section of each photo. Essentially just a little tid-bit of info that tells of the relevance of the photo to the particular day that it was taken.

I've been having fun creating with my January kit for Mosh Posh...I've actually created six layouts now in the past three days and think that it may be a new personal record for me. One layout was for a publication that will be out in March and the other five are for Mosh Posh. I'm so excited to be on a kit club design team again, it's just so much fun! Any day now I'll be recieving my boxes from Creative Imaginations to create some projects for the upcoming Craft and Hobby Association Show held in Anaheim, California. Hoping that things start arriving tomorrow as I have Monday and Tuesday off...that would almost be too perfect though, right?

A busy start to the year but it's all good stuff and for that I am thankful!
Stacy Milford said...

You will LOVE Project 365! I did it with the Creating Keepsakes album kit in 2009...though I'm way behind in my album, I did a pretty good job of photo taking...I just didn't stress too much if I missed a day. Looking forward to watching your project unfold :o) Take care! Stacy

Diana Waite said...

ooh! I'll be at CHA--I'll keep my eyes open for your pretties! :)