SOCIAL MEDIA

Caramel Apple Cake

9.27.2010
Caramel Apple Cake

My first recipe putting my apples to work is this yummy cake that I found in my Taste of Home Baking Book.  I love caramel apples so I thought why not try out the cake version!  It turned out perfectly and I finally got to use the bundt pan that I got from the bakery that I used to work at.  I was a wee bit stressed that I wasn't going to get my cake out from the pan perfectly but alas, with some patience and perseverance I was able to get it out just fine.  It was the perfect little surprise for Ethan this evening as it's our anniversary and I wanted to do a little something special.

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 cups chopped peeled apples
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (Topping: 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup milk, 1 cup packed brown sugar and a pinch of salt)

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan; bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
  • In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake (some topping will run down onto the serving plate.)

post signature
Diana Waite said...

this looks SO yummy!

Terri Davenport said...

That looks delicious! Happy anniversary!

Vicky said...

Oh, my goodness! Jen, this cake looks so pretty! and I bet it is yummy!

Anonymous said...

oh jen, that looks wonderful!! I may have to give it a try--you know how I like my recipes!!

anne
www.anniebakes.net

Sarah said...

Looks so good! I made one similar for our Apple Bake off during our Apple Festival. My family made so much fun of me for entering, but it came in 3rd place! Everybody loves a good caramel apple cake!

DebW said...

Yummo! thanks for the recipe!!