SOCIAL MEDIA

Pretty Floral Headbands

10.25.2010
Floral Headbands - Multi Colored

I spent the morning with some friends who all have little girls in Zoey's grade, we had fun making some pretty floral headbands for them while chatting and enjoying some baked goods.  This was my first time making headbands this way and I have to say that I am hooked!  They are so easy and fun and you can make them super fast...something that is a bonus in my book!  You can use any kind of fabric flower that you wish (I found lots at my local dollar store) but the majority of the ones pictured here are flowers that I used that are by Petaloo, International (from the Chantilly collection).  I LOVE them and now want them in every single color that they make them in. 

Floral Headband - Brown

I thought the red would be perfect for upcoming holiday gatherings and parties...

Floral Headbands - Multi Colored

All you need to make these are some pretty fabric flowers, coordinating ribbon, some cheap dollar store headbands and a hot glue gun.  You start by trimming some little rectangular pieces for both ends of your headband and glue them over the bottom tips.  You then start wrapping your ribbon from one end to the other using your hot glue gun here and there as needed.

Floral Headband - Purple

Here is a close-up of the ribbon wrapped around the headband.

Close-Up of Ribbon Wrapping

This is one that I made using one of my cheap-o flowers found at the dollar store and some fun polka-dot ribbon.

Daisy Polka Dot Headband

These would make for some super cute Christmas gifts for the girlie girls in your life!  I'm pretty sure that Zoey's gonna love them!

post signature
Diana Waite said...

these are SO pretty!

Vicky said...

just adorable!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous, Jen! OK, you have to promise to keep in touch. It's been so much fun designing with ya!

Unknown said...

Super cute idea, Jen! Wish I had some girls in my life for these!

Patty said...

Very cute headbands Jen! I'm sure Zoey is just adorable wearing them!