SOCIAL MEDIA

Painting Pottery @ Earth Goods!

1.31.2015

There is a store/studio in Minocqua called Earth Goods and you can paint your own pottery there...I've been itching to go see what it was all about for some time now and today after work I met up with some old friends and we had some fun painting for the entire afternoon! It was so fun and I can already tell that it's going to be something that may very easily become addictive for me.


We walked in and got to select what item it was that we wanted to paint and then we got to choose our paint colors and brushes as well as other tools we may have wanted to use. They also had idea books that you could look over if you so wished.

Zoey knew right away that she wanted to paint a plate with humpty dumpty on it. I was a bit surprised but when asked why she wanted to paint humpty dumpty she shared that she wanted a plate to match her humpty dumpty spoon that she has at home. :) Funny girl!



I warned her that having something so detailed might be kind of tough to paint out with the brushes but she went ahead with her idea and it turned out great! I can't wait to see the finished product once the firing is completed.


We get to pick up our items next week.



The colors you see in the pictures will actually be quite a bit darker once our items have been fired. I was thinking this piece would be fun to use for a little herb garden in the kitchen or to hold special pens and pencils in my craft room.




It was so fun to catch up with our old neighbor friends! Such a relaxing afternoon...they gave us chocolate and coffee too which was a pretty sweet deal. Perfect way to spend the day with friends!



post signature