SOCIAL MEDIA

Baking Fun

2.18.2015

For Valentine's Day this year I wanted to give Zoey a little gift that was something that she could do on her own or with me and didn't want the focus to be all about candy (she gets enough from her classmates and school party) and she had mentioned awhile back before Christmas that she wanted an Easy Bake oven...well, at that time her Christmas gifts had already been bought and I felt if I added something else in to the mix it would have been "too much" Christmas. Fast forward to just after Christmas and our local Wal-Mart was having sales on lots of toy items...including a major price cut on the Lalaloopsy Baking Oven. I looked at reviews for both the new version of the Easy Bake Oven and the Lalaloopsy Baking Oven and the Lalaloopsy one was rated considerably higher in all the reviews that I read. Apparently the new version of the Easy Bake Oven has a bulb that you have to change out and it doesn't cook as evenly. On top of discovering that the Lalaloopsy Oven was at our Wal-Mart and on sale I discovered that it was actually marked cheaper online and I knew that Wal-Mart would price match the ad so I took it in and they did! So, this little oven has sat in the basement since after Christmas just waiting for Valentine's Day to make it's debut! 

When looking for baking mixes for her to use I stumbled across The Build-A-Cake Bake Shop on Etsy and placed an order for cake mixes and pizza mixes and they are so much better than the store bought mixes and so much cheaper too!


Zoey is having so much fun baking on her own...she loves the oven and all the different options of things that she can make using the mixes from Build-A-Cake Bake Shop! So very fun. Here is a double layer orange cake that she baked last weekend. She even made the frosting. :)


So fun! She was so surprised and tickled with her valentine surprise!